Monday, July 7, 2008

Oh hey, speaking of bums...

As promised, a picture of a homeless guy on his Blackberry.

I know, it's a little fuzzy, but if you're ever in Golden Gate Park around 19th Avenue, you'll probably run into this guy. You might mistake him for a normal guy because he's (so far) maintained a clean shave by camping out by one of the public restrooms. His favorite spot is right near a children's park and I have (paranoid mother that I am) called the police on him before only to see him get the usual "You'll have to move somewhere else" speech and return again in a few hours.

He's also seen trolling around the local Starbucks and you will almost always see him with a Venti-something in hand. I'm sure it's a refilled black coffee, still, the idea of a bum talking on a Blackberry with his venti-coffee in hand is just too much.

Of course, equally annoying is the chance that the PDA was swiped from some unfortunate citizen (wouldn't be the first time a bum stole something - strollers seem to be a popular item. Guaranteed that one guy in the cowboy hat didn't *buy* that Phil & Ted jogger he's been pushing around lately)...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember some dude in Golden Gate Park who would hide in bushes then jump out at people, savor the reaction, and hide again only to do it to some other poor bastard. Is he still around?

Urbanette said...

I haven't been treated to an encounter with that particular guy, I'm sure he's there. SFPD is quite fond of catch and release when it comes to criminals and vagrants.
There is one homeless s/he (seriously, I cannot tell if it's a man or woman but I'm leaning towards woman with a raging thyroid condition due to the facial hair and obesity)...it's the only one that scares the ever-loving crap out of me. It lurks on the steps of apartments so you can't quite see it from the sidewalk but there it is staring at you when you walk by...It's actually followed me before...